Special Education Services
Reports and Resources
Annual Reports(all in pdf format )
- 2009-10 Annual Performance Report, PART B
- Annual State Report on Special Education Performance
- Interagency Coordinating Council Annual Report
- ISAC Annual Report
- Due Process Evaluation Report to the State Board of Education
The Special Education Categories site includes information, research, resources, and best practices on the following program areas: Deaf-Blindness, Deafness, Emotional Disturbance, Hearing Impairment, Mental Retardation, Multiple Disabilities, Orthopedic Impairment, Other Health Impairment, Specific Learning Disability, Speech/Language Impairment, Speech/Language Pathology Services, Traumatic Brain Injury, and Visual Impairment.
- Children's Mental Health
- Compliance Monitoring -- Special Education monitoring activities are comprised of two types of compliance reviews: Focused and Comprehensive Compliance Reviews.
- Compliance with State and Federal Regulations Regarding Psychological Counseling and Mental Health Services -- This purpose of this memorandum is to provide guidance to school districts to ensure that children with behavioral or emotional disabilities (ED) are receiving all of the related services that they need, including psychological counseling services, as part of a free appropriate public education in the least restrictive environment.
- Conferences and Workshops
- Continuous Improvement Plan - Part B and Part C
- Directors of Special Education
- Discipline of Students with Disabilities
- Early Childhood Special Education
- Extended School Year for Students with Disabilities
- Extended School Year for Students with Disabilities - November 20, 2001
- Forms for Special Education
- Guidance: Appropriate Procedures for Determining Placement in the Least Restrictive Environment and Identifying and Providing Appropriate Special Education and Related Services
- Guidelines for Use of Speech-Language Paraprofessionals
- Illinois Independent Evaluators Registry
- Interim Changes to Due Process and Disciplinary Procedures under IDEA 2004
- Individualized Education Program (IEP)
- Least Restrictive Environment (LRE)
- Nonpublic Special Education Facilities
- Medical, Religious Immunization Exemptions
- Medicare/Medicaid Services
- Medication Administration in Schools -- The purpose of administering medication in school is to help each student maintain an optimal state of health to enhance his or her education. The administration of medication to students should be discouraged unless absolutely necessary for the student's health.
- National Association of State Directors of Special Education (NASDSE) Report - What Are We Spending on Special Education Services in the United States, 1999-2000?
- NCSET Essential Tool - Increasing Rates of School Completion: Moving from Policy and Research to Practice -- This cutting-edge manual for educators, administrators and policymakers describes eleven proven interventions for increasing school completion among youth with disabilities.
- Occupational and Physical Therapy Services - Recommended Practices -- The purpose of this document is to present administrators, occupational and/or physical therapy personnel, educators, other professionals, and parents, with information regarding the provision of occupational and/or physical therapy in educational environments. This document is intended to serve as guidance so that each Local Educational Agency (LEA) employing therapists can establish or update their own procedures for providing these support services to students who must receive occupational and/or physical therapy.
- Office for Civil Rights (Section 504-Rehabilitation Act)
- PBIS Network -- The PBIS Network builds capacity of schools, families and communities to promote social and academic success of all students, including those with emotional/behavioral and other disabilities.
- Professional Development
- Secondary Transition
- Social Emotional Performance Descriptors
- Special Education Funding
- Transition Outreach Training for Adult Living (TOTAL)