With the adoption of the new Illinois Learning Standards incorporating the Common Core, the state has retired many of its old tests and replaced them with new, innovative assessments that will provide educators with reliable data to help guide instruction. Often aided by technological advances, these assessments will allow for students to better showcase their skills compared to the old, multiple-choice format.
The Assessment Division of the Illinois State Board of Education is responsible for developing and administering tests that measure the performance of students and schools against the Illinois Learning Standards. The state assessment scores are used to measure adequate yearly progress (AYP) for all public schools. All students' scores are part of the AYP measure, including students with disabilities and limited English proficiency.
- Illinois Science Assessment Test Dates - May 2 - May 27, 2016
- PARCC Assessment Correction Review Procedures (4/28/16)
- PARCC Student Mobility Guidance (3/8/16)
- PARCC Spring 2016 Testing Window
- Reason for No Valid Test Attempt (RNVTA)
RNVTA must be entered in the SIS Correction Report after the test window has ended.
- PARCC Test Administration Walkthrough Webinar (2/17/16)
This webinar targets school and district test coordinators and provides a "step-by-step" walkthrough of the test administration process at the classroom level. There is a separate Q & A session.
- Illinois Assessment Update Webinars
High School Score Report Interpretation Guides updated
- PARCC (Partnership for Assessment of Readiness for College and Careers)
- DLM-AA (Dynamic Learning Maps - Alternate Assessment)
- ACCESS for ELLS® (Assessing Comprehension and Communication in English State-to-State for English Language Learners)
- NAEP (National Assessment of Educational Progress)
- ISA (Illinois Science Assessment)
- Past Assessment Archive
Important Links and Resources
- Illinois Report Card
- Illinois Learning Standards
- Illinois Learning Standards Math/ELA
- Standards and Assessment Readiness Document for School Leaders (9/22/14)
- PARCC Place - Superintendent Tony Smith announces a new page acting as a hub for PARCC resources
- Student Assessment and Assessment Technology Listserv Archives
- ISBE Hot Topics Standards and Assessment Updates