November 6, 2013
Dynamic Learning Maps™ Field Test Opportunity
Illinois is a member of the Dynamic Learning Maps™ (DLM) Consortium. DLM is the new alternate assessment for students with the most significant cognitive disabilities. We are planning a field test and we want YOU to join us! The information below outlines the details regarding the field test.
Illinois is also applying for the ESEA Flexibility waiver. The waiver would relieve students from “double testing” in 2013-2014. For the DLM field test, if a student participates in all three testing windows for a given subject, that student does not have to participate in the 2014 IAA for that subject. For any questions, please contact the Student Assessment Division at 866-317-6034.
Each Dynamic Learning Maps™ (DLM) Field Test is designed to accomplish certain goals. Collectively, these goals are designed to prepare the assessment system for its operational phase beginning in 2014-15. All tests will include a teacher survey for feedback on system features.
- Field Test 1: January 15th – 31st
We are recruiting all eligible students in DLM member states in grades 3-12:
- English language arts: grades 3-8 and grade bands 9-10 and 11-12.
- Mathematics: grades 3-8 and grade band 9-12.
- are students with the most significant cognitive disabilities
- are in grades 3-12
- participate in the Illinois Alternate Assessment (IAA)
- For each field test, each student will participate in three English Language Arts (ELA) and three mathematics testlets. There are 12-15 items per subject.
- Total assessment time for English language arts is 40-60 minutes. Total assessment time for mathematics is 30-45 minutes.
- Student testlets are designed so the student can interact with the system directly and select his or her own answer. If the student cannot advance the screens or enter answers independently, the teacher can navigate the screens and record the student’s answers on his or her behalf.
- Multiple testlets may be completed on the same day or may be administered at separate times on different days within the testing window.
- System exit options include: (1) the option to exit when a testlet/section is complete, saving the data; and (2) the option to exit in the middle of a testlet/section, not saving the data.
- After 28.5 minutes of inactivity, KITE will warn you that you have 90 seconds to select Extend Session or Logout. After the 90 seconds expires (30 minutes of total inactivity), KITE closes the session automatically.
- More information about the contents of the assessment and the assessment process will be provided.
Will you please help the DLM Consortium reach our goal of maximum student participation in the field tests?
The primary goal of this survey is to gather your best estimates on the numbers of students who will participate in each field test. We will use this information to further refine our field test plans.
Please reply to the survey BY NOVEMBER 15 using this link https://kansasedu.qualtrics.com/SE/?SID=SV_1BVeB6p9r9zXYYR.
The DLM Team