February 14, 2014
Snow Days and the 2014 ISAT Test Windows
Due to the extraordinary weather conditions we have experienced statewide this winter, the agency will be allowing school districts that are scheduled to test during the regular test window to move to a modified regular-test window (March 10-March 21).
You may begin your two-week test window one week later than the originally scheduled start. This modification only applies to school districts scheduled to test in the regular window. The pick-up day for all districts scheduled to test during the regular (or modified regular) window has been moved to Tuesday, March 25.
Please note: All schools in a district must test within the same test window.
The original and revised test schedules are as follows:
Original Regular Window: March 3 – March 14
Modified Regular Window: March 10 – March 21
New pick up day – March 25th
Points of clarification:
- This new test schedule affects ONLY ISAT, and ONLY districts scheduled to test in the regular window. The 2014 test schedules for IAA and PSAE are not changed.
- You may choose to test in your original window and NOT follow the revised schedule as listed above, but your pick-up date is now March 25th. If you would like to arrange for an earlier pick-up of test materials, please contact Pearson at 888-705-9413.
- You do NOT have to notify ISBE or Pearson if you decide to adopt the revised window and test one week later. You may simply test one week later on the revised schedule.
- The test materials will arrive on the shipment schedule for your test window as indicated in the 2014 ISAT and IAA Reference Guide and the 2014 District and School Coordination Manual.
- The ISAT test window is still two weeks. With the modified schedule, you may start your two-week test window one week later.
If you have any questions, please call 217-782-4823 or toll free at 866-317-6034.