English Language Learning
ACCESS for ELLs™, W-APT™ Screener or WIDA MODEL™ - Certification Information
Please read the instructions below. Educators that have previously been certified do not need to be re-certified on an annual basis.
The process described below is for educators that are not currently certified to administer ACCESS for ELLs®, W-APT™ Screener or the MODEL™
What is the process for getting certified to administer ACCESS for ELLs®, W-APT™ Screener and the MODEL™?
- Go to http://www.wida.us. Click on login button at the top right hand corner of the website.
- Enter "illinois" and "lincoln" in the username and password cells.
- Click on the "Continue" button.
- Select "IL" in the pull down menu.
- Select district name from the pull down menu.
- Complete account information is cells provided.
- Click on "create account"
For additional assistance in creating accounts and taking quizzes to administer ACCESS for ELLs®, W-APT™ Screener and the MODEL™, see http://www.wida.us/contactus.aspx .
Once an educator successfully completes the quizzes to administer ACCESS for ELLs®, W-APT™ Screener and the MODEL™, it will take approximately 6-8 weeks for the record to appear on the Illinois Licensure Information System (ELIS).