English Language Learning
Resources for Families of English Learners
Bilingual Education Rules and Parent Advisory Committee Responsibilities:
How Bilingual Parent Advisory Committees Review the District Application for Funding:
These webinars are part of a series designed specifically for parents of English learners. They were created to provide parents information about the different ways students use the English language in school, along with information on English language development standards and how they can be used to support ELs. We recommend parents and educators watch each presentation in this series, beginning with Part I and ending with Part III.
Communication with Families
- A Major New Resource About Reading for Spanish-speaking Parents English/Spanish
- CLAS: Culturally & Linguistically Appropriate Services - Early Childhood Research Institute
- Deaf Aztlan - Hispanic Website
- Family and Advocates in Partnership for Education - includes some Hmong and Spanish publications
- National Information Center for Children and Youth with Disabilities - Spanish online publications.
Bridging Refugee Youth & Children's Services
BRYCS is a national technical assistance project working to broaden the scope of information and collaboration among service providers in order to strengthen services to refugee youth, children, and their families.
- Serving English Language Learners - A Manual for Illinois Educators