ILLINOIS STATE BOARD OF EDUCATION
North Chicago Community High School
1717 Seventeenth St.
North Chicago, IL
This meeting will also be audio cast on the Internet at: www.isbe.net
Wednesday, June 18, 2014
View Packet (Revised 6/26/14)
- Roll Call/Pledge of Allegiance
- Consideration of and Possible Actions on Any Requests for Participation in Meeting by Other Means
- Student Advisory Council Final Presentation
- Presentations and Updates
- Free the Children Presentation on We Day
- North Chicago School District
- Public Participation
- Resolutions & Recognition
- Liv Bertaud, 2014 Arts Alliance Poster Contest Winner, Copeland Manor School, Libertyville
- *Superintendent's Report – Consent Agenda
All action consideration items listed with an asterisk (*) are considered to be routine and will be enacted in one motion and vote. Any board member who wishes separate discussion on any item listed on the consent agenda may remove that item from the consent agenda, in which event, the item will be considered in its normal sequence.
- *Approval of Minutes:
- Plenary Minutes: May 14, 2014
- *Rules for Initial Review
- Part 25 (Educator Licensure): Addresses the transition from the current certificate renewal system to the new license renewal system to take effect July 1, 2014, including a process to award credit for CPDUs completed before June 30, 2014, and other certain activities before August 31, 2014.
- Part 50 (Evaluation of Certified Employees under Articles 24A and 34 of the School Code): Sets forth the requirements of the State Performance Evaluation Model for Teachers, components of which a school district will be required to adopt should its joint committee fail to agree within 180 days on one or more aspects of a performance evaluation plan that incorporates data and indicators of student growth.
- Part 51 (Dismissal of Tenured Teachers under Article 24 and Dismissal of Tenured Teachers and Principals under Article 34 of the School Code): Teachers and Principals under Article 34 of the School Code): Places in Part 51 the process to approve entities to conduct training specific to performance evaluations for school board members who wish to use an optional alternative evaluative dismissal process to dismiss a tenured teacher.
- Part 305 (School Food Service): In response to federal regulations, addresses a limit on the number of fundraisers selling food and beverages that do not meet federal nutrition standards that may be hosted by schools participating in the National School Lunch Program and/or School Breakfast Program.
- *Rules for Adoption
- Part 25 (Educator Licensure): Includes new Section 25.355, which sets forth requirements for the revised superintendent’s endorsement to be issued beginning in 2019.
- Part 33 (Programs for the Preparation of Superintendents in Illinois): This new Part sets forth requirements for programs that prepare superintendents and addresses admission, curricular and staff criteria, as well as the standards for program approval and the competencies that candidates should master in order to qualify for the endorsement.
- Part 305 (School Food Service) (Emergency): In response to federal regulations, addresses a limit on the number of fundraisers selling food and beverages not meeting federal nutrition standards that may be hosted by schools participating in the National School Lunch Program and School Breakfast program. If adopted, this emergency rulemaking will take effect immediately upon filing with the Secretary of State and will be in effect for 150 days.
- *Contracts and Grants Over $1 Million
- Request to Release RFSP for Illinois Education Lead Research Entity
- Contract Exceeding $1 Million: Early Childhood Block Grant Prevention Initiative
Monitoring with Erikson Institute
- Contract Exceeding $1 Million: Approval of Renewal of Illinois Interactive Report Card
Intergovernmental Agreement FY 2015 with Northern Illinois University
- Request to Release RFSP for System of Illinois Licensure Test for Educator
- Request to Release RFP for Illinois Mathematics and Science Partnership I-STEM Grant
- Approval of 1003(G) School Improvement Grants Exceeding $1 Million
- NCS Pearson, Inc. PARCC Initial Contract
- Request to Release RFSP for Information Technology Programmer Analyst (Special
- Request to Release RFSP for Information Technology Programmer Analyst (Web)
- Request to Release RFSP for Information Technology Programmer Analyst (Share
- Quality Rating and Improvement Systems (QRIS) Validation and Child Outcomes Study
- *Update to the Strategic Plan End of Consent Agenda
- 2015 Board Meeting Dates
- Appointment of State Educator Preparation Licensure Board Members
- Discussion Items
- District Oversight – Monthly Update (Superintendent Koch)
- Budget Update
- Legislative Update
- Other items for discussion
- Announcements & Reports
- Superintendent's/Senior Staff Announcements
- Chairman's Report
- Member Reports
- Information Items
- ISBE Fiscal & Administrative Monthly Reports (available online at http://isbe.net/board/fiscal_admin_rep.htm)
- Status of Agency Rulemaking FY 2014
- Closed Session (as needed)
This meeting will be accessible to persons with disabilities. Persons planning to attend who need special accommodations should contact the Board office no later than the date prior to the meeting. Contact the Superintendent's office at the State Board of Education, Phone: 217-782-2221; TTY/TDD: 217-782-1900; Fax: 217-785-3972.
NOTE: Chairman Chico may call for a break in the meeting as necessary in order for the Board to go into closed session.