College and Career Readiness
Business, Marketing, and Computer Education
Matrix • Program Guidelines • Keyboarding K-12 • Resources
Contact: Carol Brooks at email@example.com
A matrix has been developed to provide a quick glance of the appropriate sequence of courses for approved programs. This matrix is only a guide to aid in the development of approved Business, Marketing, and Computer Education programs therefore not all approved courses are listed. If you have any questions please contact Carol Brooks.
- Accounting-Bookkeeping–CIP 52.0302
- Administrative Support and Information Processing–CIP 52.0401
- Business and Personal Services Marketing–CIP 52.1908
- Business Systems Networking–CIP 11.0901
- Computer Operation and Programming CIP–11.0202
- Enterprise Management & Operations CIP–52.0701 (Entrepreneurship)
- Product Marketing Operations–CIP 52.1801
- Webpage Development & Design–CIP 11.0801
Employers, educators, and parents agree that effective computer use is a requisite outcome for all students. In order to accomplish this required level of computer competence, a productive computer keyboarding skill is essential. The Illinois Business Education Association in collaboration with the State Board of Education, developed a sequential plan for developing keyboarding skills in grades K-12.
These research-based guidelines are recommended for implementation
in new or existing technology or computer keyboarding curriculum.
A tremendous amount of concern regarding the inability of
individuals to utilize computers efficiently and effectively
has surfaced from parents, educators, and employers.
The brochure located using the following link provides a definition of keyboarding, objectives for various grade levels, researched-based guidelines for keyboarding instruction, notable quotes, and contact information.
It is essential that these recommendations be shared at all levels - elementary, middle/junior high, and high school.
The brochure can be downloaded, printed and disseminated.
- keyboarding brochure
- keyboarding assessment
Career and Technical Student Organizations
- Illinois DECA
- Illinois FBLA
- National DECA
- Business Professionals of America
- Future Business Leaders of America/Phi Beta Lambda
- Association for Career and Technical Education (ACTE) Marketing Education Division
- Marketing Education Association
- Marketing Educators' Association (MEA)