New teachers and administrators can benefit greatly from the expertise and guidance of experienced educators. As such, standards-based teacher and administrator mentoring programs are an important component of an educator's development, and critical to a comprehensive approach to educator effectiveness.
Please see the links below for information regarding both teacher and administrator mentoring.
Teacher mentoring and induction includes all practices and policies that encompass new teachers’ experiences in their early years. ISBE funds new teacher mentoring and induction programs as part of its grants for educator quality and support.
- Mentoring and Induction and Your Certification
Learn how induction and mentoring can help you move from initial to standard certification.
- Illinois Induction Program Standards
Review best practices for high-quality, comprehensive induction programs.
- Illinois Induction Program Continuum
Promote program development using this formative assessment tool.
- Illinois New Teacher
Find resources about attracting, retaining and supporting new teachers.
- Induction and Mentoring Report - April 2010
Read the most recent evaluation of ISBE-funded mentoring and induction programs.
- Approved Provider Requirements
Become an approved mentoring and induction provider.
- 2011 INTC Final Report with Appendix (October 2012)
- State-Funded Illinois Induction and Mentoring Programs: 2011 Survey Research Results (INTC) (July 2012)