Early Childhood Education
What's New? (11/7/16)
- Webinar: Early Childhood Block Grant Preschool for All Expansion - Nov. 7, 2016
- KIDS Implementation - Illinois School Readiness Initiative posted (9/14/16)
- Webinar: FY 2018 Re-competition of the Early Childhood Block Grant - May 10, 2016
- ExceleRate Illinois
- Illinois Race to the Top – Early Learning Challenge2 Application (10/24/12)
- Preschool for All Children Age 3 to 5 Years
Early Childhood Programs
- Birth to Age 3
- Early Childhood Special Education Programs
Early Childhood Special Education programs for children ages three to five are part of the special education continuum as operated by the public schools of Illinois. While the Illinois Department of Human Services is the lead agency for special education services for children ages birth to three, ISBE Early Childhood staff act as liaisons to that program.
Kindergarten Corner includes the Kindergarten Early Learning Standards, KIDS information, Kindergarten Data, Featured Experts, and Kindergarten Resources as part of the comprehensive plan for supporting teachers, administrators and parents of kindergarten children.
Early Childhood Program Contact Lists
- FY 15 Programs for Birth to 3 Years Old (3/15)
- FY 15 Programs for 3 to 5 Year Olds (3/15)
Early Childhood Professional Development
- The Center: Early Childhood Professional Development
Early Childhood professional development opportunities.
- The Center Library
The Center Library hosts a large collection of early childhood professional materials, and is open to Illinois educators in the early childhood field.
If you have further questions about Early Childhood services in the State of Illinois, please feel free to contact the Early Childhood Division at 217/524-4835.