Early Childhood Education
Preschool for All Children Age 3 to 5 Years
What's New? (7/21/16)
- FY 2017 Preschool for All Expansion 3 to 5 Years Request for Proposals - Deadline 4 p.m. August 15th
NOTE: This grant application is for those programs who wish to adopt the Preschool Expansion model only. The PFA Expansion Grant will be awarded for Fiscal Year 2017. In Fiscal Year 2018, there will be an open, competitive grant opportunity for all eligible applicants. If you feel your program may have submitted a “Notice of Intent to Apply” in error, please send a notice to rescind to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Illinois Preschool for All Implementation Manual updated (6/13/16)
- Preschool for All Plan for Serving McKinney-Vento Eligible Children and Families updated (12/15)
Budget Information (all )
This website provides Illinois and National Data Sources on Early Childhood Services and is useful in measuring the capacity of—and need for—early childhood services in the state of Illinois.
The Implementation Manual is designed to serve as a guide for administrators, teachers and other staff of Illinois Preschool for All programs.
Complete Implementation Manual (79 pages) (6/13/16)
- Implementation Manual by Section (all )
Sample PFA Documents/Templates
- Sample Parent/Family Participation Log (6/16)
- Sample Partnership Agreement in Word or PDF format.
- Sample Screening Forms from Manual
- FY 15 Programs for Birth to 3 Years Old (3/15)
- FY 15 Programs for 3 to 5 Year Olds (3/15)
- An Introduction to the Illinois Program Expansion Program Model (18:26) (5/16)
- ACEI Speaks - Worksheets in Preschool: Too Much, Too Soon
- Child Find Screening, Data Collection Form (10/13)
Getting Ready: Preparing to House Your Pre-Kindergarten Program is a new tool available free from the Illinois Facilities Fund. Getting Ready is an interactive, online tool to help nonprofits plan ahead for housing a new Pre-K program. In three steps, the tool will help an organization assess its space needs, evaluate the fit of any facility with its program goals, and identify any renovation or modification needs.
- Illinois recognized as national leader for commitment to early childhood education
National report ranks state second in the nation for preschool accessibility for 3 year olds; Illinois State Board of Education accepting applications from preschool providers for 2007-2008 school year