Employment Information System (EIS)
In 2013, ISBE retired the Teacher Service Record (TSR) data collection system, and replaced it with the Employment Information System (EIS) for district use in reporting data for teachers, administrators, and other employees. Through EIS, not only can data be entered and edited using online screens, but it can also be submitted via batch file. EIS also allows data to be reported continually (no closed periods during a school year) for both licensed and non-licensed employees. Further, EIS incorporates the administrator, teacher, and benefits data that school districts are required to report by October 1 each year, per Sections 10-20.47 and 34-18.38 of the School Code.
In 2015, ISBE plans on introducing new training materials to further integrate EIS with school districts and vendors. In the meantime, frequently-updated information on EIS can be found under “Resources” on the right-side panel. The Resources panel includes:
- Data Elements: Find the specific code you’re looking for in this comprehensive section of the EIS site. You can also see a list of EIS changes and updates, organized by date, to help keep you and your constituents current.
- EIS FAQs: This page is currently under construction, although on the Archived Meetings page you can locate answered questions that were asked in previous webinars.
- EIS Basics Training Course: In this comprehensive course, we’ll explain the basic functions of Employment Information Systems, or EIS. Each lesson includes a video and accompanying written guide for reference. This course is perfect for beginners or any staff who could use a refresher on the system.
- Excel Templates: Here, you can locate the Excel templates necessary to do batch uploads in EIS.
- File Format Layouts: This section provides an in-depth explanation of file format layouts for both the text (comma delimited) and XML methods of data uploading.
- Validations: How should the data you enter be formatted? Figure out how each data element should be configured in this section.
- User Manual: This manual introduces the user to the EIS system, providing the instruction to help new and returning users utilize the system effectively.
- Key Dates: Here, find the dates and deadlines specific to data submission in EIS.
- Archived Webinars and Presentations: This section provides a thorough archive of all EIS webinars and presentations, complete with streaming audio, downloadable PowerPoints, and comprehensive question and answer files.
Employment Information Systems (EIS)-Guidelines for Entering Salary 2015
Join us for a Webinar on Wednesday, May 6, 2015 at 1:00 p.m. CDT
Space is limited.
Reserve your seat at :
In this webinar, ISBE will define and discuss the guidelines for entering 2015 salary data in Employment Information Systems (EIS). This webinar will serve as assistance when entering employment data for salaries. A question and answer session will also be provided at the end of the webinar.
|Title:||Employment Information Systems (EIS)-Guidelines for Entering Salary 2015|
|Date:||Wednesday, May 6, 2015|
|Time:||1:00 - 3:00 p.m. CDT|
|Materials:||PowerPoint Presentation - Coming Soon!|
- EIS Basics Training Course (4/9/15)
- Introduction to 2015 EIS: New Features and Updates (1/14/15)
- Webinar and Presentation Archive
With these tools, we hope you’ll find EIS to be more user-friendly and complete. If you have any questions or suggestions on how we can improve this website further, please call (217) 782-3950 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.