The ELIS web site is best viewed with the latest version of Internet Explorer (IE).
Click here to login to your ELIS account.
Click here to perform a credential search of educators in Illinois. For use by institutions of higher education, school districts, or prospective employers to verify credentials of a potential educator candidate or employee. Illinois Educator Identification Number (IEIN) required.
(Effective July 1, 2013: deficiency letters will no longer be printed and mailed, but will be sent electronically to your current email address. Please review and update your current email address by accessing your ELIS Account)
- How-to Video Series
- Overview of the License Renewal Process (Rev. 4/16/15)
- Posted July 1, 2015:
Important: Professional Educator Licenses (PEL) may be renewed and registered up to August 31 without any penalty. Unregistered licenses will lapse on September 1 and are invalid for employment and performance of services in an Illinois public or State-operated school or cooperative and a charter school. To reinstate a lapsed license the holder must pay a $500 penalty fee or show completion of 9 semester hours of coursework.
- FAQs (Revised frequently)
- Licensure Requirements - Learn what you are eligible to apply for BEFORE making application!
- License Renewal, Reinstatement, Professional Development and Registration Page
- Educator Licensure Home Page