Summer Learning Program 2014
“Find a Book, Illinois” is a fun and easy way to select books based on a child’s Lexile measure and interests. You can use this free search tool to build custom lists for readers at all ability levels, and then locate your selections at the local public library.
There are five easy steps to summertime reading:
- Visit www.Lexile.com/fab/Illinois
- Enter a child's Lexile measure If you do not know the child’s Lexile measure, you can search for books based on his or her comfort with grade-level materials.
- Have children pick interest categories
- View and refine the search results. As you browse books, click the “Find in a Library” button next to the book titles to check its availability at your public library.
- Add books to a child’s reading list You can print or email the child’s custom book list.
The Summer Math Challenge is a FREE math skills maintenance program based on grade-level state standards and Common Core State Standards for Mathematics.
The program is targeted to students who have just completed 2nd through 5th grades and is designed to help kids retain math skills learned during the previous school year.
There are four easy steps to join the Summer Math Challenge:
- Go to quantiles.com/summer-math to enroll your child
- Starting Monday, June 23, 2014 check your inbox for daily emails with fun math activities and resources
- Visit quantiles.com/summer-math every day to read about the weekly math concept and earn badges.
- When the program ends on Friday, August 1, 2014 print an award certificate to celebrate your child’s summer accomplishment