Funding and Disbursements
- Driver's Education Program reimburses school districts for certain costs of district driver education programs. Section 27-24.4 of the School Code contains the driver education reimbursement formula.
- Parent/Guardian State Pupil Transportation Reimbursement Program is for parents/guardians to whom free bussing is not provided.
- School District Transportation (Regular/Vocational/Special Education) provides reimbursement to local education agencies that transport students who reside 1.5 miles or more from their attendance center, attend a vocational program and are transported by their resident district during the school day or transport students with disabilities who have special transportation needs.
- Student Transportation Program (School Bus Driver Training) provides school bus driver instructor training, state certification and school bus driver training including the development of the school bus driver training curriculum used in these training courses.
- Transportation Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
News and Information
- ISOS Bus Driver Medical Documentation Memo (4/15/13)
- School Vehicle Use – Summary Chart (10/12)
- Charter Coach Requirements Form
- District Transportation Requirements (7/12)
- Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standards and Regulations
- Final Federal Rule on Seat Belts in School Buses
- Illinois Pupil Transportation Advisory Committee (IPTAC)
- New Laws - School Bus Transportation
- NHTSA 15-Passenger Van Rollover Warning
- NHTSA Proposed Rule on School Bus Seat Belts
- School Bus Accident Form
- School Bus Driver Instructor Training Application 2008-09
- School Bus Erratic Driving Report Form
- School Vehicle Use Guidance (11/12)
- US Department of Homeland Security: School Bus Security Flyer