Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
- How do I get a copy of a bill pending in the Illinois General
Illinois General Assembly Legislation or House Bill Room or Senate Bill Room.
- How do I find out the status of a bill in the Illinois
Illinois General Assembly Legislation or Legislative Information System.
- How do I get a copy of a new state law?
General Assembly Public Acts or Secretary of State's Index
- How do I find out the names of my state legislators?
Follow the link below to the Illinois
State Board of Elections site and utilize the "Search
by Address" function.
- How do I contact my state legislators to express my opinion
on a bill pending before the Illinois General Assembly?
Refer to the Illinois General Assembly websites below for
- How do I apply for an Illinois legislative scholarship?
On July 11, 2012, the governor signed legislation abolishing the General Assembly scholarship program in Illinois. Public Act 97-0772 can be viewed at http://www.ilga.gov/legislation/publicacts/97/PDF/097-0772.pdf. Previously, Illinois law provided for each member of the General Assembly to annually nominate two persons of school age and otherwise eligible, from his district to receive a certificate of scholarship in any state supported university designated by the member. For questions, contact the Illinois State Board of Education’s Public Information Division at (217) 782-4648.