Innovation and Improvement
What's New? • Programs
The primary work of this division is aligned to the NCLB consolidated Grant Application (Title I, Part A, Title II, Title IV and carryover of Title V). Principal Consultants are assigned by regions to review and approve applications for districts to receive their allocated funds for Title I, Title II, Title IV and carryover of Title V.
The division provides technical assistance to districts so they implement programming that aligns to the United States Department of Education's guidance on implementing the No Child Left Behind Act of 2001 through supporting program goals and activities that align to the federal law. Districts are required to follow federal rules and regulations in order to accept federal funds. The rules and regulations are also applied when districts apply for federal Title dollars.
The division also supports the Statewide System of Support for the district and school improvement process. More information regarding district and school improvement planning can be found at http://www.isbe.net/sos/htmls/improvement_process.htm.
Technical Assistance is also provided as it relates to District Improvement Plans, Restructuring Plans, District Title I Plans, Title I Schoolwide Plans, Parental Involvement as it relates to NCLB, and Private School Participation in Title Programs.
- NCLB FY14 Grant Application Process Webinar Series - June 13, 2013
- SIG 1003(g) FY14 Online Continuation Applications Webinar - June 18, 2013 (Cohorts 2 and 3)
- SIG 1003(g) Budget Webinar - June 18, 2013 (Cohorts 2-4)
- Integration of Schoolwide and Title I District plans into Rising Star - Resource Information Posted!
- ISBE Announces NCLB Technical Assistance Workshops - June 2013 (Revised 5/1/13)
- Advanced Placement Classes - Federal
- SIG 1003(g)
- 2013 Illinois Arts Education Week Poster Contest Awards
- Section 2141
- Rising Star Center on Innovation Improvement Data Migration to the Illinois Interactive Report Card
- The Center for School Improvement
- Family Engagement e-Newsletter
- NCLB Toolkit - The NCLB Consolidated Application Toolkit was developed to provide a common resource to be used by ISBE Consultants and Title I Directors across the state.
- Mock Election 2012 is designed for students 4th through 12th grades. The guide provides teachers with background information, election procedures and forms necessary to conduct an election based on candidates from the 2012 General Election.
- NCLB Title I: Charter School Primer Webinar (6/11/13)
- SIG 1003(g) Successful Applications "By Design" Webinar (4/5/13)
- FY 2014 SIG Request for Proposal (RFP) Bidders' Webinar (3/22/13)
- Developing the SIG 1003(g) Needs Assessment Webinar (3/6/13)
- Many more!
- 21st Century Community Learning Centers
- NCLB Consolidated Application
- Nonpublic Participation
- School Improvement Grants and Activities (SIG 1003g)
- Statewide System of Support
- Title IV Safe and Drug-Free State Activities
- Extended Learning Opportunities/Summer Bridges
- Gifted Education
- Truants Alternative Optional Education Program (TAOEP)
- Regional Safe Schools Program