Consolidated Committee of Practitioners (CCOP)
The mission of the NCLB Consolidated Committee of Practitioners is to study and advise the Illinois State Board of Education on the implementation of programs under the Elementary and Secondary Education Act to ensure that high quality services are available for all the students especially those most in need.
SEC. 1903. STATE ADMINISTRATION.
(1) IN GENERAL- Each State that receives funds under this title shall —
(A) ensure that any State rules, regulations, and policies relating to this title conform to the purposes of this title and provide any such proposed rules, regulations, and policies to the committee of practitioners created under subsection (b) for review and comment;
(B) minimize such rules, regulations, and policies to which the State's local educational agencies and schools are subject;
(C) eliminate or modify State and local fiscal accounting requirements in order to facilitate the ability of schools to consolidate funds under schoolwide programs; and
(D) identify any such rule, regulation, or policy as a State-imposed requirement.
(2) SUPPORT AND FACILITATION- State rules, regulations, and policies under this title shall support and facilitate local educational agency and school-level systemic reform designed to enable all children to meet the challenging State student academic achievement standards.
(b) COMMITTEE OF PRACTITIONERS-
(1) IN GENERAL- Each State educational agency that receives funds under this title shall create a State committee of practitioners to advise the State in carrying out its responsibilities under this title.
(2) MEMBERSHIP- Each such committee shall include —
(A) as a majority of its members, representatives from local educational agencies;
(B) administrators, including the administrators of programs described in other parts of this title;
(C) teachers, including vocational educators;
(E) members of local school boards;
(F) representatives of private school children; and
(G) pupil services personnel.
(3) DUTIES- The duties of such committee shall include a review, before publication, of any proposed or final State rule or regulation pursuant to this title. In an emergency situation where such rule or regulation must be issued within a very limited time to assist local educational agencies with the operation of the program under this title, the State educational agency may issue a regulation without prior consultation, but shall immediately thereafter convene the State committee of practitioners to review the emergency regulation before issuance in final form.
Committee Members (9/15)
CCOP Proxy Form Word Format (1/15)
February 2, 2015 - Cancelled
April 28, 2015
October 8, 2015
February 20, 2014
May 7, 2014
September 19, 2014
February 4, 2013
May 8, 2013
September 19, 2013
February 6, 2012
June 5, 2012
October 18, 2012
February 7, 2011
June 6, 2011
September 20, 2011
November 30, 2011
September 23, 2010
December 1, 2010