Welcome to the ISBE Division of Educator Licensure Website! The following links provide information on the Illinois licensure process for both new and experienced educators. Should you have questions or concerns regarding the licensure process in Illinois, please contact your Regional Office of Education.
Posted July 1, 2015
Important: Professional Educator Licenses (PEL) may be renewed and registered up to August 31 without any penalty. Unregistered licenses will lapse on September 1 and are invalid for employment and performance of services in an Illinois public or State-operated school or cooperative and a charter school. To reinstate a lapsed license the holder must pay a $500 penalty fee or show completion of 9 semester hours of coursework.
Program Information and Announcements (Updated 7/27/15)
- Career and Technical Education (CTE) Educator License with Stipulations (ELS)
- Gifted Education Endorsement
- Paraprofessional Teaching Endorsement
- Substitute Teaching Licensure
- Transcript Evaluation - Application Process
- Webinars, Presentations, Training
Lapsed License Information- Please view the “Reinstatement of a Lapsed License” section of the FAQ document