Welcome to the ISBE Division of Educator Licensure Website! The following links provide information on the Illinois licensure process for both new and experienced educators. Should you have questions or concerns regarding the licensure process in Illinois, please contact your Regional Office of Education.
Effective January 1, 2015: The application fee for a Professional Educator License, Educator License with Stipulations, or Substitute License will be $100.
Out-of-State application fees remain at $150.
Program Information and Announcements (Updated 6/18/15)
- Career and Technical Education (CTE) Educator License with Stipulations (ELS)
- Gifted Education Endorsement
- Paraprofessional Teaching Endorsement
- Substitute Teaching Licensure
- Transcript Evaluation - Application Process
- Webinars, Presentations, Training
Lapsed License Information- Please view the “Reinstatement of a Lapsed License” section of the FAQ document