Welcome to the ISBE Division of Educator Licensure Website! The following links provide information on the Illinois licensure process for both new and experienced educators. Should you have questions or concerns regarding the licensure process in Illinois, please contact your Regional Office of Education.
• Please note the deadlines for educators who wish to receive the gifted education teacher endorsement under the grandfathering provisions:
- The gifted seminar must be completed by January 31, 2015. Receiving recognition as a gifted education seminar trainer must also occur by this date. The seminar may continue to be offered for professional development after January 31, but only seminars completed by January 31, 2015 can be used toward the endorsement.
- An application for gifted education teacher must be submitted in ELIS on or before February 1, 2015. Any application received after this date cannot be reviewed under the grandfathering provisions and such an individual must complete an Illinois state-approved gifted education program. (No institutions offer this program yet.)
Effective January 1, 2015: The application fee for a Professional Educator License, Educator License with Stipulations, or Substitute License will be $100.
Out-of-State application fees remain at $150.
• Overview of License Renewal PowerPoint Presentation (10/29/14)
Program Information and Announcements (Updated 1/28/15)
- Gifted Education Teacher Endorsement (8/21/14)
- Paraprofessional Teaching Endorsement
- Substitute Teaching Licensure
- Transcript Evaluation - Application Process
- Webinars, Presentations, Training
Lapsed License Information- Please view the “Reinstatement of a Lapsed License” section of the FAQ document