Welcome to the ISBE Division of Educator Licensure Website! The following links provide information on the Illinois licensure process for both new and experienced educators. Should you have questions or concerns regarding the licensure process in Illinois, please contact your Regional Office of Education.
ATTENTION: RENEWAL UPDATES
• State Approved Professional Development Provider Application Posted! (8/15/14)
• Overview of License Renewal PowerPoint Presentation (7/21/14)
ATTENTION: TESTING UPDATES - Effective 5/6/14
• Five -Time ILTS Test Limit Eliminated
• Updated information regarding minimum allowable scores on the writing section of the ACT Plus Writing and SAT
ATTENTION ALL EDUCATORS
The ELIS system is available for educators to apply, renew, register, and view credential information. Districts may also view educator credentials for verification purposes. Any changes made in the ECS system will be available in ELIS. The ELIS link is located at http://www.isbe.net/ELIS/default.htm.
Program Information and Announcements (Updated 9/19/14)
- Gifted Education Teacher Endorsement (8/21/14)
- Paraprofessional Teaching Endorsement
- Substitute Teaching Licensure
- Transcript Evaluation - Application Process
- Webinars, Presentations, Training
Lapsed License Information- Please view the “Reinstatement of a Lapsed License” section of the FAQ document