Transcript Evaluation Procedures(Updated March 2016)
In order to qualify for transcript evaluation, an applicant must meet the following criteria:
- View the requirements for Illinois licensure (3/16) to determine what endorsements and grade levels are available so you apply appropriately.
- Create an account in the Educator Licensure Information System (ELIS). Once you have an account, click “Apply for a New License, Endorsement, or Approval” on the ELIS home screen and complete the application wizard. The wizard will collect an application fee via credit card before the application is submitted.
- Submit official transcripts from all colleges attended. Transcripts may be mailed to the State Board of Education or your regional office of education. To be official, transcripts must be submitted in a sealed envelope from the college or university or be sent directly by the institution.
- If applying for a Professional Educator License (PEL), submit a signed and sealed State-Approved Program and Completion of Standards Verification Form (80-02). The form must be emailed directly from the institution where you completed your approved program.
If applying for a Gifted Education Specialist License, submit a signed and sealed State-Approved Program Verification for Gifted Specialist Only Form (73-05G). The form must be emailed directly from the institution where you completed your approved program.
- If applying for an educator license with stipulations, submit a copy of both sides of a comparable, valid, out-of-state license or certificate.
- If using an ACT/SAT composite score in place of the TAP 400, have an official score report sent to the State Board of Education.