New teachers and administrators can benefit greatly from the expertise and guidance of experienced educators. As such, standards-based teacher and administrator mentoring programs are an important component of an educator's development, and critical to a comprehensive approach to educator effectiveness.
Teacher mentoring and induction includes all practices and policies that encompass new teachers’ experiences in their early years. ISBE funds new teacher mentoring and induction programs as part of its grants for educator quality and support.
- Illinois Induction Program Standards
Review best practices for high-quality, comprehensive induction programs.
- Illinois Induction Program Continuum
Promote program development using this formative assessment tool.
- Illinois New Teacher
Find resources about attracting, retaining and supporting new teachers.
- Induction and Mentoring Report - April 2010
Read the most recent evaluation of ISBE-funded mentoring and induction programs.
Free Resources for Induction and Mentoring Programs
- FY 2016 Educator Equity Program Development Grant RFP (Closed Feb. 1, 2016)
- FY 2016 New Teacher Induction and Mentoring Program Grant RFP Re-Release (Closed 12/4/15)