For Immediate Release
September 9, 2008
Illinois State Board of Education announces
FY 2010 Budget Hearing in Normal
SPRINGFIELD – The Illinois State Board of Education announced today that its Finance and Audit Committee will host an FY 2010 Budget Hearing on Tuesday, September 16, 2008, in Normal. The hearing at Normal Community High School is one of several budget hearings ISBE will be hosting this fall around the state. The public is invited to attend and those wishing to participate may sign-in upon arrival. Please provide 15 copies of all written testimony to be submitted.
The Finance and Audit Committee FY 2010 Budget Hearing will be accessible to persons with disabilities. Persons planning to attend who need special accommodations should contact the Board office no later than Monday, September 15, 2008. Contact the Superintendent's office at the State Board of Education, Phone: 217-782-2221; TTY/TDD: 217-782-1900; Fax: 217-785-3972.
- Tuesday, September 16, 2008 – 6 to 8 p.m. — Normal — Normal Community High School, School Cafeteria, 3900 East Raab Road, Normal
In addition to the hearing in Normal, the ISBE Finance and Audit committee will host hearings on the following dates and locations:
- Tuesday, October 7, 2008—4 to 6 p.m.— Chicago — Chicago Urban League, 4510 South Michigan Avenue, Chicago
- Tuesday, October 14, 2008—6 to 8 p.m. — Macomb-Hancock/McDonough Regional Office of Education, 130 S. LaFayette, Suite 200, Macomb
- Wednesday, October 22, 2008— 4 to 6 p.m. — Springfield — Plaza G, Crowne Plaza Hotel, 3000 S. Dirksen Parkway, Springfield
- Monday, October 27, 2008—4 to 6 p.m. — Belleville — St. Clair County Regional Office of Education, 1000 South Illinois Street, Belleville
- Thursday, November 6, 2008—6 to 8 p.m. — Charleston—Eastern Illinois University, Effingham Room, MLK, Jr. University Union, Charleston
- Wednesday, December 3, 2008—6 to 8 p.m.—Wheaton—Learning Center, Briar Glen Elementary, 1800 Briarcliffe Boulevard, Wheaton