Nutrition and Wellness Programs
Child and Adult Care Food Program
The Child and Adult Care Food Program (CACFP) includes three totally different programs for participants.
- Public, non-profit, and for-profit, nonresidential child care centers; Head Start/Early Head Start centers; preschool programs, before- and after-school hours programs; after-school programs in low income areas; and emergency shelters. This part of the program is referred to as child care centers.
- Public and non-profit institutions sponsoring family day care homes.
- The adult care portion of the CACFP is not administered by the Illinois State Board of Education. Please contact the Illinois Department on Aging at 217/782-2407 for more information on the adult portion of the program.
Child Nutrition Reauthorization
- Accommodating Children with Special Dietary Needs
- CACFP Wellness Resources
- Crediting Handbook for CACFP
- Feeding Infants Guide
- Food Buying Guide and Calculator
- Let's Move
- National Food Service Management Institute
- Nutrition & Wellness Tips for Young Children
- Office of Early Childhood Development
- USDA/FNS Nutrition Education
- Child and Adult Care Food Program Centers, Refresher Trainings – No Trainings are Currently Scheduled
- Serving Healthy Meals in Child Care: Good Nutrition can be Healthy and Fun Webinar – Aired 12/17/10
- Table Talk – Online Video
- Workshop and Training Schedule