Nutrition and Wellness Programs
Farm to School
- USDA Farm To School Grants
The Healthy Hunger Free Kids Act (HHFKA) provided for $5 million annually to for grants, technical assistance and the federal administrative costs related to F2S Programs. This year the USDA will be awarding up to $5 billion in grants. There will be three different types of grants available: Planning Grants, Implementation Grants, and Support Service Grants.
The proposals for all grants are due April 24, 2013 (no later than midnight EST) and the awards will be announced in October 2013. For more information related to the USDA F2S grants please visit their website at: http://www.fns.usda.gov/cnd/f2s/f2_2013_grant_program.htm .
- University of Illinois Extension- IL F2S State Lead, resources & newsletters
- Market Maker database of produce and schools
- IL Department of Agriculture database of produce and schools
- USDA Farm to School Website
- Know Your Farmer Know Your Food
- National Farm to School Organization
- IL Farm to School Organization Page
- Ag in the Classroom
- Farm Direct-Electronic database of produce
- Local County Health Department
If you have any stories about how you implement Farm to School in your District please email email@example.com to share what you’re doing in your community.