Nutrition and Wellness Programs
Monitoring and Review Information
Administrative Review Process SY 2013-14
The Administrative Review is an assessment conducted by the Illinois State Board of Education(ISBE) of the School Food Authority’s (SFA) administration of the NSLP and SBP, and other school nutrition programs. The objectives of the Administrative Review are to determine whether the SFA meets program requirements, provide technical assistance, secure any needed corrective action, and assess fiscal action, if applicable.
ISBE must conduct Administrative Reviews of all SFAs participating in the NSLP and/or SBP at least once during each three-year review cycle period, provided that each SFA is reviewed at least once every 4 years. The first three-year review cycle starts the school year beginning on July 1, 2013 and ending on June 30, 2014.
- Administrative Review Checklist
- Dietary Specifications Assessment Tool
- Meal Compliance Assessment Tool
- Resource Management Assessment Tool
- School Meals Administrative Review Q & A
- Tentative List of SFAs to receive an Administrative Review in School Year 2013-2014
This list is subject to revisions. Last update: August 30, 2013
- USDA Administrative Review Guidance