Nutrition and Wellness Programs
School-Based Child Nutrition Programs Application Process
Thank you for your interest in becoming a sponsor of a school-based child nutrition program! School-based child nutrition programs include the following: National School Lunch, School Breakfast, Afterschool Care Snacks, Special Milk, and Illinois Free Lunch and Breakfast.
Prior to applying to participate in the School Based Child Nutrition Programs, it is recommended that applicants become familiar with the different program requirements, rules, and regulations. Please view all 9 of the New Sponsor Training Modules provided below (it will take approximately 50 minutes to view all 9 modules) and read through the ISBE Administrative Handbook.
- Module 1: Introduction to School Based Child Nutrition Programs & Application Process (13:37)
- Module 2: Certification for Free, Reduced and Paid Meals (3:56)
- Module 3: Verification Summary Report (3:33)
- Module 4: Meal Planning Requirements (6:48)
- Module 5: Meal Counting and Claiming (3:08)
- Module 6: Federal and State Regulations (9:08)
- Module 7: USDA Foods (1:21)
- Module 8: Reviews (2:50)
- Module 9: Miscellaneous Information and Resources (5:08)
After reviewing the above information, complete the program participation request form and mail it along with all required documentation as noted on the form. It is recommended that you retain a copy of the form for your files. If you have questions or need assistance, please contact us at 1-800-545-7892.
ISBE provides additional opportunities for training related to program rules and regulations. Please visit http://www.isbe.net/nutrition/htmls/workshops.htm, and click on the National School Lunch Program heading for information.
For additional questions regarding School Based Child Nutrition Programs please contact the Nutrition and Wellness Programs Division at 800-545-7892 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.