Annual Statement of Affairs (ASA)(Updated June, 2015)
Section 10-17 of the School Code (105 ILCS 5/10-17) requires school districts/joint agreements to publish in a local newspaper annually, an ASA summary report. To meet this requirement the district must:
- Publish an ASA summary in a newspaper of general circulation by December 1, annually,
- Submit the ASA to the State Board of Education (ISBE) for posting on the agency's website by December 15, annually (NOTE: Even though the audit may be incomplete the ASA is still due and should be completed using the districts accounting records. Any ASA filed late will be checked as a finding on the audit questionnaire page); and
- Retain copies of the ASA in the school district's/joint agreement's administrative office.
School District Requirement - Report all Contracts Exceeding $25,000
In conformity with sub-section (c) of Section 10-20.44 of the School Code [105 ILCS 5/10-20.44] (added by P.A. 95-707) school districts are required to complete the report on Awarded Contracts Exceeding $25,000 (page 9, Contracts Exceeding 25,000).
In addition, school boards must list on the districts website, all contracts exceeding $25,000 and any contract that the school board enters into with an exclusive bargaining representative. Download the complete "Guidance & Reporting Requirements" .
- Download Annual Statement of Affairs (ASA) 2014-15 (50-37)
- Guidance on Awarded Contracts exceeding $25,000
- ROE consolidation by district RCDT numbers (6/15)
Submit Annual Statement of Affairs to ISBE
- Submit the ASA via ISBE Attachment Manager and in the receiver group select "School Finance Reports Group" second option.
- Historical Archives – To review past Annual Statement of Affairs
- If you have questions please contact School Business Services Division at 217/785-8779 or email us at email@example.com