Student Information System (SIS)
The passage of the "No Child Left Behind Act of 2001" increased accountability and reporting requirements regarding student academic achievement. In order to better respond to these and other federal and state reporting requirements, ISBE and the IBM Corporation are in the process of developing and implementing a state-level student information system. Through the project students will be assigned a unique identification number. All data to and from the state will use that unique identifier. The use of individual student records will:
- increase the state's capacity to follow a student's progress over time;
- provide better quality data to drive more enlightened policy decisions resulting in enhanced educational opportunities for all children;
- reduce data collection burden on schools and districts; and
- enhance the use and relevance of state data by districts and schools.
The Illinois State Board of Education (ISBE) will be conducting summer training sessions for NEW users and current users wanting a complete refresher course. Attendees will only need to attend one session of training. School Districts, Early Childhood and Birth to 3 entities are limited to two (2) participants.
Each training session will demonstrate the current and new system features of the online and batch functions including the creation of Comma Separated Value (CSV) files. The training session will include an overview of how the SIS system is integrated with the new Employment Information System (EIS) and the Illinois State Course System (ISCS).
A morning training session 9 AM to 12 PM will be offered to participants at each location. If the morning session fills to capacity, an afternoon training session from 1 PM to 4 PM will then be offered. Participants only need to attend ONE three hour training session.
- July 30 - Metea Valley High School – Aurora, IL
- July 31 - School District U-46 Educational Service Center – Elgin, IL
- August 1 - PEC Auditorium at Rock Valley College – Rockford, IL
- August 6 - Parkland College – Champaign, IL
- August 7 - Illinois Principals Association – Springfield, IL
- August 8 - Peoria Public Schools District 150 – Peoria, IL
- August 13 – RoxArena – Roxana High School – Roxana, IL
- August 14 – Mt Vernon ROE – Mt. Vernon, IL
- August 15 - John A. Logan College, Conference Center Room F103 (Batteau/Ivey Room) – Carterville, IL
ISBE Online Conference Signup website is available at the following link: http://webapps.isbe.net/ISBEConference/IsbeConfMenu.aspx.
Training materials will be distributed at the beginning of each session. Participants may want to bring a large three ring binder for the training materials; however, this is not required.
If you have questions, call the ISBE Help Desk at (217) 558-3600 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
IMPORTANT: Please register by 07/15/2013
Note: Seating is limited for each session at each location. Sessions that fill up will not be displayed on the website again.