IDEA Part B Grant - Program Information
OSEP MOE change rescinded
We would like to share a link to a recent Office of Special Education Programs (OSEP) policy letter to Ms. Kathleen Boundy regarding the Individuals with Disabilities Education Act (IDEA) maintenance of effort requirement. The April 4, 2012 policy letter rescinds a June 16, 2011 policy letter sent to Mr. Bill East of the National Association of State Directors of Special Education.
The June 16, 2011 letter to Mr. East stated that when a district failed to maintain its required level of effort, the district would have to repay the federal funds from local funds and the maintenance of effort level would drop to the new amount i.e. the districts actual expenditures. The letter to Ms. Boundy withdrew the letter to Mr. East.
The April 4, 2012 letter to Ms. Boundy stated that if a district failed to maintain its required level of effort, the district would have to repay the federal funds from local funds and maintain the level of effort that it should have met in the previous year. The maintenance of effort level does not decrease. Please view the below link for the full text of the letter.
Prior Year MOE Forms(All files in Excel format)
Construction with IDEA funds
- Application for Use of IDEA Part B Funds for Construction or Alteration of Facilities
- Construction Application Review Procedures
- Construction Committee Review Checklist
- IDEA Recovery Flow-through (Sec. 611) Requests for Construction or Remodeling using IDEA and ARRA IDEA Funds
- Section 1511 Infrastructure Certification: 12/1/09