|English Language Arts (Principal Consultant #469)|
|College and Career Readiness|
|Lane 4 – Minimum Salary $3,946|
|Open Until Filled|
Performs duties associated with the Illinois Learning Standards for English Language Arts, charter school reviews and multiple state and federal grant programs. Primary responsibilities include: the Illinois Learning Standards – English Language Arts, multiple state and federal grant programs and charter school programming. Provides expertise and leadership for curriculum development that supports student achievement relative to the Illinois Learning Standards – English Language Arts; designs and delivers staff development related to the Illinois Learning Standards – English Language Arts, curriculum, instruction and assessment; provides technical assistance for alignment of local curricula and assessment to the Illinois Learning Standards – English Language Arts; provides leadership and technical assistance associated with grant management. This position reports to the Division Administrator.
- Develops, implements and continually up-grades the strategic plan for the Illinois Learning Standards for English Language Arts.
- Provides leadership to the Statewide System of Support – area experts for English Language Arts in developing, realigning, and implementing a rigorous English Language Arts curriculum aligned to the Illinois Learning Standards - English Language Arts and cultivate strong English Language Arts instructional practices aligned to the Illinois Learning Standards - English Language Arts.
- Analyzes data to inform strategic decisions in the area of English Language Arts around the 8 Essential Elements: Comprehensive Planning, Conditions for Learning, Community and Family, Professional Development, Leadership, Curriculum, Instruction, and Assessment.
- Administers multiple state and federal grants and contracts.
- Monitors and evaluates grants through on-site visits and regular communication with grantees.
- Assists in the development of grant applications and ensures compliance with state and federal rules and regulations and fiscal and programmatic practices.
- Develops Requests for Proposals and Requests for Sealed Proposals.
- Administers grants and contracts.
- Prepares reports to meet evaluative, compliance and contractual requirements.
- Facilitates data collection, analysis and evaluation and provides assistance on implementing data-driven continuous improvement strategies.
- Assists in planning and implementing professional development for grantees.
- Collaborates with College and Career Readiness staff and other divisions on incorporating real-world application into the scope of work of multiple state and federal grants.
- Assists in the review of new and proposed state and federal legislation and rules and regulations; assists in the development of a state plan.
- Collaborates with other divisions in the review and approval of applications from charter schools relating to curriculum and instruction.
- Collects and analyzes data relative to charter school programming.
- Maintains working knowledge of charter schools including, but not limited to, legislative proposals, the Illinois School Code, federal legislation, etc.
- Collaborates with other College and Career Readiness staff and other divisions to align the Illinois Learning Standards - English Language Arts in all applicable ISBE programs and activities.
- Integrates the Illinois Learning Standards – English Language Arts into Career and Technical Education.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Master’s Degree in Education or Bachelor’s Degree in Education plus two years of relevant professional experience. (COPY OF TRANSCRIPTS REQUIRED AT TIME OF APPLICATION)
- Must hold an Illinois Professional Educator License with an Endorsement in Reading and/or Language Arts.
- Two years of experience (in addition to education requirements) teaching in K-12 schools and/or administrative experience at the K-12 level.
- Experience with the Illinois Learning Standards – English Language Arts at the state or local level, working with committees of practicing educators to produce curriculum and instructional materials required.
- Experience with managing grants and budgets.
- Experience with reviewing and/or writing state assessments to support the implementation of the Illinois Learning Standards – English Language Arts.
- Administrative experience.
- Thorough knowledge and understanding of the Illinois Learning Standards – English Language Arts.
- Knowledge of classroom assessments.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Knowledge of English Language Arts education.
- Knowledge of effective professional development methods and assessment.
- Ability to work and lead diverse teams.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Ability to set and meet timelines.
- Additional Illinois Professional Educator License with an Endorsement in one of the areas of Career and Technical Education.