|Student Wellness (Principal Consultant #1268)|
|Springfield or Chicago Office|
|Regulatory Support & Wellness|
|Lane 4 – Minimum salary $3,946|
|Monday – Friday 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.|
|Open Until Filled|
This position collaborates and consults with ISBE wellness team, Illinois school districts, and relevant service providers in all efforts designed to build differentiated supports for the promotion of school wellness. This position reports to the Division Administrator and Division Supervisor.
- Collaborates with other wellness team members (i.e., school nurse, school health, nutrition, social emotional and behavioral health and other health education consultants) as well as cross divisional ISBE staff.
- Researches, develops, and disseminates wellness and health (social, emotional, behavioral and physical) information with an emphasis on establishing and strengthening collaborative partnerships with internal and external stakeholders.
- Write grants, reviews proposals, awards funds and participates on advisory councils/panels/task forces as appropriate.
- Assists in the identification, recommendation and implementation of state and local policy and procedure changes to promote service coordination and linkage, cross-system data collection and sharing, and other infrastructure-building and sustaining activities associated with the integration of health and wellness programming.
- Participates in the design and implementation of the data collection, reporting and evaluation systems.
- Serves as an agency representative and provides technical assistance regarding the safe and supportive components within the SEA (State Education Agency) ESSA (Every Student Succeeds Act) plan.
- Collaborates in the development of all overall health and wellness learning supports training and technical assistance activities for schools, community and other agencies.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Master's Degree in Education, Social Work, School Psychology, School Counseling, School Nursing or Mental Health or a Bachelor's Degree in one of the listed fields plus two years of relevant professional experience. (COPY OF TRANSCRIPTS REQUIRED AT TIME OF APPLICATION)
- Two years of experience (in addition to education requirements) in school-based or school-linked wellness services or programs.
- Two years of experience in coordinating projects and training activities.
- Demonstrated oral and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability using a computer.
- Demonstrated ability using Microsoft Office products.
- Ability to work independently or as part of a team.
- Must have a valid IL Driver's License and the ability to travel.
- General working experience with students from diverse social and cultural backgrounds.
- Experience in a variety of educational settings.
- Spanish language proficiency.