|Career and Technical Education/Family & Consumer Sciences (Principal Consultant #485)|
|College and Career Readiness|
|Lane 4 – Minimum Salary $3,946|
|Monday – Friday 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.|
|Open Until Filled|
This position provides leadership and technical assistance to local education agencies and other entities to promote school reform and innovation in career and technical education. This position is responsible for planning, developing, and setting standards, including evaluating programs in family and consumer sciences. This position reports to the Division Administrator for College and Career Readiness.
- Administers grants and contracts, and develops Requests for Proposals.
- Plans and coordinates professional development activities.
- Provides leadership to plan, develop and implement quality instructional programs in family and consumer sciences with emphasis on integration and applications aligned with the new Illinois Learning Standards for Industry/Technical Standards.
- Reviews and recommends approval status of Endorsement for Career and Technical Educator and Endorsement for Provisional Career and Technical Educator certificate applications in the program area.
- Serves as state advisor to teacher associations and student organizations affiliated with family and consumer sciences.
- Provides technical assistance and other support services to regional systems, administrative and instructional personnel in southwestern region of the state.
- Monitors and evaluates career and technical education programs and grants through on-site visits and regular communication with clientele.
- Assists in the development of grant applications and ensures compliance with state and federal rules and regulations, fiscal and programmatic practices.
- Provides leadership and consultative services to local and regional personnel for the development and implementation of effective and innovative practices leading to school reform and improved student achievement.
- Utilizes data collection for analysis and evaluation and provides assistance on implementing data-driven continuous improvement strategies.
- Assists in the planning and implementation of in-service training sessions for regional systems, school and agency personnel and other audiences, as necessary.
- Collaborates in the delivery of professional development associated with improvement initiatives to institutionalize effective change processes, curriculum innovations and student improvement efforts.
- Initiates and maintains contact with external resources, business/industry and labor representatives and professional organizations related to assigned program areas in order to sustain and coordinate improved teaching and learning.
- Serves as a liaison with university teacher education programs to communicate effective reform and restructuring practices.
- Participates in the development of teacher content-area teaching standards and assessments.
- Assists in the review of new and proposed state and federal legislation rules and regulations.
- Assists in the development of the state plan for career and technical education.
- Recommends policy and procedures, and prepares state and federal performance reports for career and technical education.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Master’s Degree in Education or Bachelor’s Degree in Education plus two years of relevant professional experience. (COPY OF TRANSCRIPTS REQUIRED AT TIME OF APPLICATION)
- Must hold Illinois Professional Educator License with an Endorsement in Family and Consumer Sciences.
- Two years of experience (in addition to education requirements) teaching in a career and technical related field and/or administrative experience at the K-12 level.
- Knowledge of general research and technology applications.
- Ability to Travel.
- Ability to work in teams.
- Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing to a variety of audiences.
- Ability to participate in staff development training and other meetings as requested, or required.
- Experience with grants and budgets.