|Early Childhood (Principal Consultant #419)|
|Lane 4 – Minimum Salary $3,946|
|Open Until Filled|
This position provides technical assistance to agency staff, local education agencies and program administrators; reviews documents and conducts on-site visits of program to evaluate programs; serves as the primary contact for program administrators and assists with problems and questions regarding a particular program; reviews and recommends grant applications and amendments. This position reports to the Division Administrator.
- Provides expertise in program areas which allows for effective program leadership, development and implementation in the area of early childhood initiatives.
- Reviews, negotiates and recommends disposition of project/grant applications and contractual agreements.
- Initiates and conducts on-site visitations of programs/projects for the purpose of determining compliance/non-compliance with applicable federal and state rules, regulations, etc.
- Monitors projects as implemented in comparison to original plan or approved proposal.
- Reviews monitoring reports and program improvement plans.
- Provides technical assistance and other support services for early childhood initiatives to school personnel by way of written and verbal communications as well as on-site visits.
- Participates in the development and/or revision of program guidelines, rules, procedures, etc.
- Initiates and maintains contact with external resources, agencies and professional organizations related to assigned programs.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Master’s Degree in Education, Early Childhood Education, or an early childhood development field or a Bachelor’s Degree in one of these fields plus two years of relevant professional experience. (COPY OF TRANSCRIPTS REQUIRED AT TIME OF APPLICATION)
- Two years of experience (in addition to education requirements) working in the field of early childhood.
- Knowledge of best practices and procedures for developing and delivering early childhood and at-risk programs.
- Ability to communicate well orally and in writing.
- Ability to work well as a member of a team.
- Travel and public speaking.
- Administrative or teaching experience in local school district or community-based early childhood programs.