|Division Supervisor (#1591)|
|Special Education Services|
|Salary commensurate with education and experience|
|Monday – Friday 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.|
|Open Until Filled|
This position interprets and executes the policies and expectations of the State Board of Education as directed. Directs, oversees and administers programs, operations and personnel within the division. Provides leadership and direction to educational bodies throughout the state. Serves as liaison between divisions and outside educational and professional entities. This position reports to the Division Administrator.
- Coordinates and oversees the accomplishment of division functions and general supervision responsibilities including implementation of the State Performance Plan, Board of Education goals, and support for schools and districts.
- Directly oversees fiscal and district supports services.
- Supervises and assists in the evaluation of staff performance within the division, including the development of individual staff goals, ensuring timelines are met, and equitable distribution of responsibilities.
- Assists in establishing and coordinating division goals, activities and policies in collaboration with divisions across the agency and serves as a liaison between divisions within the agency and with educational organizations to share information, including making presentations and representing the agency at local and national conferences.
- Assists in the development or changes/revisions in legislation and rules/regulations, and oversees the development of guidance documents.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Master's Degree or a Bachelor's Degree plus two years of relevant professional experience. (COPY OF TRANSCRIPTS REQUIRED AT TIME OF APPLICATION)
- Two years of experience (in addition to education requirements) in special education personnel preparation, certification or professional development programs.
- Experience within the last five years in education at the local, state or university level.
- Experience working with special and general education teachers and administrators.
- Experience in the design and implementation and/or delivery of professional development and technical assistance in relevant areas.
- Experience managing projects and/or special assignments.
- Experience developing written materials such as reports and technical assistance documents.
- Experience with fiscal management or grants management.
- Basic knowledge of general educational practice in addition to specialized knowledge regarding special education certification.
- Knowledge of research methodologies and ability to analyze, interpret and apply results, including application to teaching and learning practices.
- Ability to define programs and apply problem solving techniques to complex issues.
- Ability to coordinate the completion of projects and programs and work effectively with diverse teams.
- Ability to present complex information to both lay and technical audiences.
- Demonstrated skills in written and oral communication.
- Degree in Education or Special Education.
- Type 75 Administrative Certificate.
- Experience in supervising staff.