|Division Supervisor (#1544)|
|College & Career Readiness|
|Salary commensurate with education and experience|
|Monday – Friday 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.|
|Open Until Filled|
This position provides leadership and advocates for equity for all students; integrates and executes the policies and expectations of the State Board of Education. Provides leadership to and support in division programming and compliance; directs and oversees overall functions of division including daily operations, program administration and evaluation, and staff management and evaluation. Executes agency initiatives, policies, procedures, and communicates expectations; provides direction and leadership in cross-functional division work; collaborates with other divisions, state agencies, affiliates, and stakeholders; assists in the development and monitoring of division budget and expenditures; participates in agency and management meetings as directed; executes mission, vision, goals, and expectations of agency; develops, provides, and participates in professional development. This position reports to the Director.
- Directs the overall functions and programs of the division including, but not limited to, career and technical education, competency-based education, the Illinois Learning Standards, K-12 academic professional development and resources.
- Coordinates and facilitates in the development and implementation of division grants, contracts, and other assigned projects.
- Supervises, directs, and evaluates staff and other state contractors.
- Administers federal and state grant programs to ensure alignment and compliance with federal and state guidelines and agency policies, rules, and fiscal accountability; coordinates and manages data.
- Represents and speaks accurately on behalf of the State Board of Education to school districts, educational organizations, other state/federal agencies, committees and the public concerning the interpretation of agency policies, procedures or actions.
- Initiates and models active and collaborative leadership in cross-functional division work with demonstrative improved outcomes for all children.
- Develops and recommends policies, programs, procedures, and plans to ensure compliance with legislation and to improve the effectiveness of program implementation with demonstrated improved outcomes for students.
- Works with staff to develop and manage grants, contracts and budgets.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Master's Degree or Bachelor's Degree plus two years of professional relevant experience. (COPY OF TRANSCRIPTS REQUIRED AT TIME OF APPLICATION)
- Three years of experience (in addition to education requirements) in education or career and technical education.
- Ability to develop and maintain cooperative relationships with internal and external client groups.
- Knowledge of career and technical education.
- Knowledge of work-based learning.
- Familiarity with competency based learning.
- Knowledge of grants or contract management.
- Knowledge of fiscal or budget management.
- Good oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to identify problems and apply problem solving techniques to multiple and complex issues.
- Minimum two years of supervisory or project management experience.
- Basic knowledge of Excel, Word, PowerPoint and web based programs and applications.