|IT Technical Lead/Business Intelligence (Principal Consultant #1605)|
|Lane 4 – Minimum salary $3,946|
|Monday – Friday 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.|
|Open Until Filled|
ISBE is looking for a new Technical Lead to add to our Information Technology team. Reporting to the Director of Information Systems, the position will provide day-to-day management of the agency’s Business Intelligence and data visualization projects. Provides guidance and acts as consultant to other divisional directors and administrators in the recommendation of Business Intelligence and data visualizations solutions. Performs reporting analysis for ongoing and proposed division projects. Represents division at agency meetings.
- Leads Business Intelligence development team engaged in a wide range of data analytics and metrics optimization for agency's data warehouse projects.
- Performs advisory and technical functions in the analysis, design, coding, and deployment of Business Intelligence and data visualizations solutions.
- Assists with setting priorities and deadlines for team work assignments
- Coordinates work assignments and staffing to effectively meet agency goals, objectives and priorities as established by management.
- Monitors analytics and metrics results on team solutions.
- Maintains a high level of individual technical competency.
- Stays current with changes in technology and the methodology for Business Intelligence and data visualizations solutions.
- Assists with developing policies and procedures for the analysis and reporting of data warehouse project data.
- Maintains documentation of policies, procedures and solutions.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Master's Degree in Computer Science, Business, Communications or other computer field or a Bachelor's Degree in one of these fields plus two years of relevant professional experience. (COPY OF TRANSCRIPTS REQUIRED AT TIME OF APPLICATION)
- A minimum of five years of Information Technology experience with two of those years in Business Intelligence related work.
- Excellent listening, oral, written, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to efficiently manage simultaneous projects and re-prioritize workloads for multiple teams.
- Ability to think logically, interpret problems, present creative solutions with clarity and precision, and deliver results.
- Ability to work independently, yet quickly assimilate into a team atmosphere to participate on interdivisional assignments.
- Ability to resolve employee conflicts and complaints, mentor staff, and coach toward excellence.
- Ability to translate technical and complex information and instructions into common, user-friendly terms.
- Capable of quickly adapting to change and various agency demands.
- Master's Degree.
- A minimum of one year of development in Microsoft Power BI or related technologies.
- Working knowledge of computer operating systems such as Windows 7 or 10.
- Working knowledge of Office 365.
- Software development experience.