|Math (Principal Consultant #451)|
|Curriculum & Instruction|
|Lane 4 – Minimum Salary $3,946|
|Monday – Friday 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.|
|Open Until Filled|
This position performs duties associated within the division and in support of career and technical education, the Illinois Learning Standards for Math, middle and secondary school transformations, multiple state and federal grant/contract programming. This position reports to the Director.
- Works with division staff, cross-functionally, and with grantees in support of state and federal grant administration to ensure program effectiveness and compliance.
- Provides leadership, math expertise, and guidance in support of middle and secondary school transformation; and supports ISBE and other educational agencies as it pertains to the establishment, development, and review of math materials, resources, assessments, and instructional support services.
- Serves as agency math liaison in support of the Illinois Learning Standards for Math.
- Works to integrate math standards with career and technical education and competency based education.
- Continually reviews and upgrades the strategic plan for math rigor and provides leadership in math curriculum, assessment, and resources.
- Provides technical assistance and guidance for alignment of local curricula and assessment to the math standards for learning, competency based education, and career and technical education.
- Develops and writes Requests for Proposals, collaborates with ISBE staff, prepares and reviews grant reports, communicates with grantees, performs technical assistance and monitoring visits, supports division functions.
- Develops, organizes, directs, and participates in professional development, workshops, conferences, and committees in support of the Illinois Learning Standards for Math, middle level and secondary transformations, competency based education, the state plan, and agency mission, vision, goals.
- Effectively communicates internally and externally on behalf of the agency.
- Facilitates and collects data, data analysis and evaluation.
- Provides assistance on data driven continuous improvement strategies.
- Collaboratively reviews policies, procedures, rules, and legislation to ensure program compliance and improve overall effectiveness of programming in order to improve outcomes for students.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Master's Degree in Education or Bachelor's Degree in Education plus two years of teaching experience. (COPY OF TRANSCRIPTS REQUIRED AT TIME OF APPLICATION)
- Must hold an Illinois Educator License and Math Endorsement.
- Two years of teaching experience (in addition to education requirements) in K-12 schools and/or administrative experience at the K-12 level.
- Experience with the Illinois Learning Standards for Math.
- Experience working with committees of practicing educators to produce resources, assessments, curriculum and/or instructional materials.
- Experience with professional development.
- Knowledge and understanding of the Illinois Learning Standards for Math.
- Understanding of research based instructional practices and data driven performance.
- Ability to effectively communicate both in written communication and verbally.
- Ability to work collaboratively, and set and meet timelines.
- Grant management and/or budget experience.