|Program Compliance Monitor (Principal Consultant #1615)|
|Lane 4 – Minimum Salary $3,946|
|Monday – Friday 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.|
|Open Until Filled|
This position reviews and approves English learning grant applications for funding; provides technical assistance to the field, consistent with best practices and in alignment with all rules, regulations, and laws as applicable to English learners; conducts onsite monitoring visits of school districts to assure compliance with state and federal laws, rules, and regulatory provisions; produces complete monitoring reports; provides corrective recommendations to districts as necessary; manages implementation of the State Seal of Biliteracy and Commendation towards Biliteracy in Illinois; produces data reports as necessary; drafts business correspondence, papers, research, and data collection documents. This position reports to the Division Supervisor.
- Manages the implementation of the State Seal of Biliteracy and Commendation towards Biliteracy in Illinois and produces reports to a variety of audiences as needed.
- Develops and presents data reports aligned with English learning data as requested.
- Reviews and approves English learning grant applications for funding.
- Provides technical assistance to the field, consistent with best practices and in alignment with all rules, regulations, and laws as applicable to English learners.
- Prepares, schedules, and conducts onsite monitoring visits (as assigned) of school districts to assure compliance with state and federal laws, rules and regulatory provisions.
- Compiles and analyzes data in order to produce complete and accurate monitoring reports and responses, including recommendations to districts’ corrective action plans.
- Assists in the planning, execution, and coordination of division activities as related to the education of English learners in the state.
- Participates in division, center, and agency cross functional teams as designated by management.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Master’s Degree or Bachelor’s Degree plus two years of relevant professional experience. (COPY OF TRANSCRIPTS REQUIRED AT TIME OF APPLICATION.)
- Coursework in bilingual education, English as a second language, or applied linguistics.
- Two years of experience (in addition to education requirements) working in education, preferably in schools, local education agencies, or state education agencies with a significant number of English learners.
- Familiarity with grant procedures (e.g., monitoring, technical assistance).
- Knowledge in conducting research and/or data analysis.
- Ability to write, proofread, edit, and finalize professional written work products for a variety of audiences.
- Solid time-management abilities to efficiently manage multiple assignments with competing deadlines.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently with limited direction from management.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Ability to problem solve.
- Proficient in a language other than standard English.
- Master’s Degree in Education.
- Degree in Bilingual Education, English as a Second Language, Education Policy, Public Policy, or Applied Linguistics.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, etc.).