|GATA & Contract Compliance (Principal Consultant #424)|
|Special Education Services|
|Lane 4 – Minimum salary $3,946|
|Monday – Friday 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.|
|Open Until Filled|
This position performs duties to meet the needs of students with disabilities concentrated in the area of the Grants Accountability and Transparency Act (GATA), fiscal, budgetary compliance of state and federal special education expenditure; performs duties in the review, recommendation and monitoring of contracts, grants, and projects; develops and conducts in-service training and technical support, including presentations; serves as team member for monitoring and support services for school districts across the state. This position reports to the Division Administrator.
- Ensures that the development and implementation of grants and contracts in the program areas are completed in compliance with GATA and all other state, federal and agency requirements.
- Serves as the grants and contracts manager.
- Leads grants proposal review teams.
- Provides technical assistance to division staff.
- Responsible for scheduling monitoring grant and contract development cycles.
- Prepares documentation for expenditure review, Board memos and the budget book.
- Participates in the division’s regulatory functions of general supervision.
- Serves as an agency representative on, and provides technical assistance regarding collection and reporting of data including the development and implementation of activities associated with the State Performance Plan and Board goals including field based supports.
- Participates in the development and ongoing review/revision of publications, documents and other materials.
- Serves as the liaison between the Special Education division and other ISBE divisions to assist in the development and implementation of contracts, grants, and budgets.
- Provides program knowledge and best practices as it relates to students with disabilities.
- Performs all other duties as assigned, including participation in professional development activities to improve knowledge and skills.
- Master’s Degree or Bachelor’s Degree plus two years of relevant professional experience. (COPY OF TRANSCRIPTS REQUIRED AT TIME OF APPLICATION)
- Two years of experience (in addition to education requirements) in contract and/or grant management or oversight.
- Knowledge of budgeting.
- Knowledge of fiscal practices.
- Basic knowledge of GATA.
- Ability to define problems and apply problem solving techniques to complex issues.
- Ability to present complex information to both lay and technical audiences effectively.
- Demonstrated skills in written and oral communication.
- Demonstrated ability to organize complex work.
Degree in Education, Finance, or Accounting.
- Experience working as a general or special education teacher, administrator, or public school consultant.
- Experience managing state and federal grants or contracts.
- Experience in organizing and monitoring multi-year projects.
- Working knowledge of federal and state laws and regulations regarding students with disabilities.
- Microsoft certification in Word, Excel, Access, and/or Office 365 environment.
- Demonstrated ability to operationalize a vision.