|Project Manager #1491 & 1639|
|1491 & 1639|
|Salary commensurate with education and experience|
|Monday – Friday 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.|
|Open Until Filled|
ISBE is looking for new talent to grow our project management team. The Project Manager will be critical in ensuring projects produce a high quality product and are performed on time, on budget and within scope. The Project Manager will assist in ensuring projects align with the ISBE vision, mission and goals and will manage and monitor scope, milestones, tasks, timelines, dependencies, communications, budgets and expenses for multiple projects simultaneously. This position will work collaboratively within a team environment including project sponsors and other key internal and external stakeholders. This position will also be critical in furthering the development and implementation of project management practices throughout the agency. This position reports to a Director.
- Performs the role of Project Manager.
- Manages and monitors project scope, time, cost, quality, resources, risks, issues and communications.
- Performs tasks necessary to develop materials and successfully plan, execute and close projects including, but not limited to, tasks necessary to develop and maintain Project Scope, Work Breakdown Structures (WBS), Project Schedules, Risk Management Plans, Communication Plans, Risk and Issue Logs, Project Reports, Project Change Management Documentation, Quality Management Plans and Lessons Learned.
- Assists in the development and implementation of project management practices throughout the agency.
- Mentors and trains other ISBE team members in project management best practices and tools.
- Assists in the development and scoring of Requests for Proposals (RFPs) and Requests for Sealed Proposals (RFSPs).
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- One of the following degrees (COPY OF TRANSCRIPTS REQUIRED AT TIME OF APPLICATION) :
- Master’s or Bachelor’s Degree in Project Management, Business Administration, Management Information Systems, Information Technology (IT) or Computer Science plus three years of experience as a Project Manager in the last eight years; or
- Bachelor’s Degree in any field plus four years of experience as a Project Manager in the last eight years; or
- Associate’s Degree in any field plus six years of experience as a Project Manager in the last eight years.
- Demonstrated experience in successfully managing enterprise-wide initiatives and projects.
- Demonstrated experience in successfully managing multiple large-scale projects simultaneously.
- Ability to manage projects in a fast-paced, time-sensitive environment.
- Ability to visualize complex processes.
- Strong long-term planning skills.
- Demand forecasting and management skills.
- Ability to facilitate meetings and follow-up with resulting action items.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Strong budgeting, time management and resource management skills.
- Strong analytical/critical thinking and problem solving skills.
- Ability to work efficiently and effectively both individually and in a team environment.
- Ability to communicate, mentor and develop relationships with a team, management, and other stakeholders.
- Knowledge of IT concepts, principles and theories.
- Ability to learn new tools and technologies.
- Project Management Professional (PMP) or equivalent certification(s).
- Experience with government, education and/or IT project management.
- Experience auditing project management.
- Experience with waterfall and agile methodologies.
- Data Governance experience.
- Experience in managing projects containing personally identifiable information.
- Experience with providing project management training.
- Experience with writing and scoring RFPs and/or RFSPs.