|Software Developer (Principal Consultant #95)|
|Lane 4 – Minimum salary $3,946|
|Monday – Friday 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.|
|Open Until Filled|
This position performs project management analysis, design, programming and implementation of sophisticated web and computer based systems; maintains existing mainframe based systems and updates system documentation accordingly in compliance with agency mandates; communicates with end users to ascertain studies and plans to provide management with solutions to operational problems; provides expert technical assistance to lower level personnel. This position reports to a Division Supervisor.
- Under general supervision, performs system analysis/design, coding, implementation and documentation of sophisticated web and computer based systems in a large mainframe, local area network (LAN), and web environment.
- Maintains existing web, mainframe, and LAN based systems and updates system documentation in compliance with agency mandates.
- Communicates and consults with team members and end users as to system or information needs.
- Utilizes scientific methods, models, feasibility studies and plans to provide management with solutions to operational problems.
- Provides expert technical assistance to other division personnel.
- Acts as a project leader on team based assignments to determine what system development functions would be best completed by each team member.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in computer science field or an Associate’s Degree plus two years of recent training/coursework in current technologies and/or relevant experience. (COPY OF TRANSCRIPTS REQUIRED AT TIME OF APPLICATION)
- Multiple years of recent system design and computer programming on mainframe and/or microcomputer systems.
- Mainframe experience should include working knowledge of Cobol II, Easytrieve, JCL, and TSO.
- Microcomputer experience should include development of LAN-based systems utilizing Microsoft Visual Basic, Microsoft SQL Server and Crystal Reports.
- Ability to think logically and correctly interpret problems assigned and the ability to communicate the results clearly to the end user in written, oral and graphical form.
- Ability to assume a leadership role in project team assignment.
- Project management experience.