|Grantee Audit Reviewer (Principal Consultant #1637 & #1638)|
|Lane 4 – Minimum salary $3,946|
|Monday – Friday 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.|
|Open Until Filled|
This position reviews audit reports and audit corrective action plans for appropriateness, implementation status and effectiveness. Provides assistance as needed with other GATA related activities. This position reports to the Director.
- Reviews audit reports form ISBE grantees in accordance with the uniform guidance and GATA.
- Compares findings with fiscal and administrative risk assessment responses.
- Reconciles financial data as needed, provides guidance to agency staff to assist in reviews of corrective action plans and drafting of management decision letters.
- Participates in monitoring and administration of fiscal and administrative risk conditions assigned to grantees.
- Provides technical and other assistance via email, phone, written correspondence and workshops to certified public accountants, school district personnel, joint agreement administrators, regional superintendents and other administrators related to state and federal laws, regulations and accounting/auditing standards.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Business, or Finance. (COPY OF TRANSCRIPTS REQUIRED AT TIME OF APPLICATION)
- Two years of experience in auditing or accounting.
- Auditing coursework.
- CPA, CGAP, or CIA.
- Audit experience preferred.