|Grantee Internal Control Reviewer (Principal Consultant #1577)|
|Lane 4 – Minimum salary $3,946|
|Monday – Friday 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.|
|Open Until Filled|
Reporting to the director, reviews grantee internal control questionnaire submissions and administers financial and administrative grantee risk conditions applied to grantees. Provides assistance as needed with other GATA related activities.
- Monitors and administers fiscal and administrative risk conditions assigned to grantees.
- Reviews fiscal and administrative risk assessment responses, compares to previous responses, audit findings and other relevant information to determine reasonableness prior to approval.
- Reviews audit reports form ISBE grantees in accordance with the uniform guidance and GATA.
- Compares findings with fiscal and administrative risk assessment responses.
- Reconciles financial data as needed, provides guidance to agency staff to assist in reviews of corrective action plans and drafting of management decision letters.
- Provides technical and other assistance via email, phone, written correspondence and workshops to certified public accountants, school district personnel, joint agreement administrators, regional superintendents and other administrators related to state and federal laws, regulations and governmental accounting/auditing standards.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting, Business, or Finance. (COPY OF TRANSCRIPTS REQUIRED AT TIME OF APPLICATION)
- Two years of experience in auditing or accounting.
- Auditing coursework.
- CPA, CGAP, or CIA.
- Audit experience preferred.