|Administrative Support (Program Specialist II #1663)|
|Lane 2/Tier 2 – Minimum salary $2,438|
|Monday – Friday 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.|
|Open Until Filled|
This position provides clerical support to the Director and staff responsible for the administration of the division. Daily work includes gathering information and responding to inquiries, decision making, interpretation and application of agency and divisional policies and procedures. This position reports to the Director.
- Provides clerical support to the division by finalizing a variety of correspondence, reports, and presentations.
- Organizes and maintains files.
- Responds to inquiries requiring general knowledge of program operations.
- Assists with conference planning.
- Schedules appointments.
- Makes travel and meeting arrangements and prepares expense claims.
- Maintains confidentiality for information related to the division.
- Provides complex administrative support to the Illinois Advisory Council on Bilingual Education.
- Responds to Council phone calls and emails and responds to general inquiries regarding the Council.
- Tracks all correspondence and Council member appointments.
- Types a variety of correspondence, reports, and other information from draft copy and independently composes routine correspondence.
- Transcribes minutes.
- Prepares itineraries and travel worksheets.
- Enters council travel expenses in MIDAS (Management Information Database Accounting System).
- Prepares materials and folders for meetings.
- Runs the soundboard for microphones at meetings.
- Coordinates logistics, including making meeting arrangements and preparing expense claims for food and beverages.
- Maintains all files, correspondence, current appointment list.
- Maintains and completes MIDAS functions for the Director.
- Responsible for ordering, securing and distributing supplies for division staff.
- Serves as division timekeeper, maintaining and completing division attendance in HRMS (Human Resources Management System).
- Provides technical support to contractors and grantees including accessing database systems, ensuring complete documentation, answering basic technical assistance questions, screening submissions and reports for completeness, and serving as a point of contact.
- Maintains the system to dispose of records within the division, including overall filing locations within the division and assisting staff in the transfer of records to the warehouse.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Two years of progressively responsible secretarial or programmatic experience in an office setting involving typing, filing, and/or computer work or other specialized training.
- Knowledge of office practices and procedures.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word.
- Working knowledge of grammar, spelling and punctuation.
- Excellent telephone and communication skills.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Proficient in a language other than standard English.
- Some college or technical training.
- Fluent in Spanish.
- Knowledge of Bilingual Education, English as a Second Language, World Language, Education Policy, Public Policy, or Applied Linguistics.
- Experience with budgets.