|Business Analyst (Principal Consultant #1326)|
|Data Strategies & Analytics|
|Lane 4 – Minimum Salary $3,946|
|Monday – Friday 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.|
|Open Until Filled|
This position maintains the relationship between the Agency’s operational needs and technology delivery; determines business needs of internal and external stakeholders through consultation and analysis, evaluates information obtained, performs problem-solving and business modeling, and develops solutions; provides business and data analysis services to program areas; completes special assignments and activities as assigned. This position reports to a Division Supervisor.
- Works with internal and external individuals to identify and analyze business needs, document business rules, and communicate data requirements.
- Creates test plans for change requests, tests and documents results, validates testing against requirements, trains users on all new functionality, and monitors supported items.
- Creates, gathers and maintains data definitions in a data dictionary and is a source of knowledge and advocacy for data initiatives.
- Develops and conducts technical assistance training on data quality and data usage for policy and school improvement decisions and supports data quality initiatives.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Master’s Degree in Computer Science, Business, or Statistical Analysis or a Bachelor’s Degree in one of these fields plus two years of relevant professional experience. (COPY OF TRANSCRIPTS REQUIRED AT TIME OF APPLICATION)
- At least two years of recent business analysis, systems analysis, data collection and reporting.
- Experience working with large data files in a team setting.
- Experience in designing technical assistance/training on data quality and the use of data.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Strong problem-solving and analytical skills.
- Objectivity with the ability to negotiate consensus or reasonable compromise.
- Ability to share an agency-wide perspective.
- Open to change.
- Knowledge of IT systems and proficiency in SPSS, SAS or Transact SQL.
- Proficiency with query tools and report writers.
- Demonstrated written and oral communication skills, including the ability to communicate effectively with both technical and nontechnical audiences.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office products.
- Masters degree.
- Knowledge of relational database management systems such as SQL Server and/or Microsoft Access and report writers such as Crystal Reports.
- Experience working with educational data warehouse.