|Program Compliance Monitor – State Seal of Biliteracy (Principal Consultant #1615)|
|Springfield or Chicago Office|
|Lane 4 – Minimum Salary $3,946|
|Monday – Friday 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.|
|Open Until Filled|
This position provides support to districts and schools implementing the State Seal of Biliteracy or which are in the process of implementing the State Seal of Biliteracy; coordinates with other divisions at ISBE to support world language programs; provides services for the fiscal and programmatic grant review, implementation and monitoring of one or more state or federal funded education programs; provides technical assistance and supports to the field, consistent with best practices and in alignment with all rules, regulations, and laws as applicable to English learners and immigrant students; conducts onsite monitoring visits of school districts to assure compliance with state and federal laws, rules, and regulatory provisions; produces complete monitoring reports; drafts business correspondence, papers, research, and data collection documents. This position reports to the Director.
- Manages the implementation of the State Seal of Biliteracy and Commendation towards Biliteracy in Illinois.
- Provides support and technical assistance to existing and new districts participating in the State Seal of Biliteracy.
- Provides support and technical assistance to world language programs.
- Develops and presents data reports aligned with English learner and immigrant data as requested.
- Performs plan and grant evaluations and reviews and approves original and amended plan and grant applications.
- Assists in implementing one or more federal or state funded programs to ensure their effectiveness and assure school and district compliance with all programmatic and fiscal regulations as related to laws and grants.
- Provides technical assistance and support to the field, consistent with best practices and in alignment with all rules, regulations, and laws as applicable to English learners and immigrant students.
- Prepares, schedules, and conducts onsite monitoring visits (as assigned) of schools and districts to assure compliance with state and federal laws, rules and regulatory provisions.
- Compiles and analyzes data in order to produce complete and accurate support and monitoring reports and responses, including recommendations to districts’ corrective action plans.
- Assists in the planning, execution, and coordination of division activities as related to the education of English learners and immigrant students in the state.
- Participates in division, center, and agency cross functional teams as designated by management.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Master’s Degree or Bachelor’s Degree plus two years of relevant professional experience. (COPY OF TRANSCRIPTS REQUIRED AT TIME OF APPLICATION)
- Coursework in bilingual education, English as a second language, world language, or applied linguistics.
- Two years of experience (in addition to education requirements) working in education, preferably in high schools, local education agencies, or state education agencies implementing a Seal of Biliteracy program and with a significant number of English learners.
- Familiarity with grant procedures (e.g., application, implementation, monitoring, technical assistance).
- Knowledge in conducting research and/or data analysis.
- Ability to write, proofread, edit, and finalize professional written work products for a variety of audiences.
- Solid time-management abilities to efficiently manage multiple assignments with competing deadlines.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently with limited direction from management.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Ability to problem solve.
- Proficient in a language other than standard English.
- Master’s Degree in Education.
- Degree in Bilingual Education, English as a Second Language, World Language, Education Policy, Public Policy, or Applied Linguistics.
- Experience with budgets.
- Ability to use Microsoft Office.