|Funding & Disbursements|
|Salary commensurate with education and experience|
|Monday – Friday 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.|
|February 1, 2019|
|Open Until Filled|
Reporting to the Director, oversees all state and federal grant distribution to approved Local Education Agencies. Provides direction to division staff assigned grant programs to process budgets, expenditure reports, claims, application of audit adjustments and vouchers. Oversees the design and development of grants in the electronic grant system, account balancing including oversight of all grant receivables and outstanding debt recovery.
- Manages all state and federal grant program appropriations and awards in accordance with applicable regulations for distribution.
- Collaborates with the budget division to align state and federal fund sources, grant activities and program awards for all Local Education Agencies in Agency accounting systems.
- Reviews and approves grant authorization forms prior to expenditure review meetings.
- Monitors state appropriations and federal grant award obligation and lapse dates to ensure funds are obligated and expended within proper timeframes to avoid lapse of grant funds.
- Manages and coordinates division staff in all fiscal aspects of state and federal grant programs including Local Education Agency grant budgets, claims, expenditure reports, distribution of payments, federal entitlement allocations, and application of audit adjustments.
- Oversees the design and development of all state and federal grants in the electronic Grants Management System.
- Ensures timely receipt and accurate posting of all receivables for grant programs including outstanding debt recovery.
- Ensures timely submission of all required federal and state financial reports.
- Analyzes and interprets state and federal legislation, rules and regulations.
- Develops appropriate fiscal policies and procedures for proper grant implementation.
- Provides technical assistance to Agency, division and external constituents on grant policies and procedures as needed.
- Serves as division representative to the Grant Accountability and Transparency Act Steering Committee.
- Coordinates the collection of all fiscal information for internal and external audit staff, performs analysis of the data specific to auditor requests and prepares reports for approval to the Director.
- Supervises short-term division projects.
- Initiates day-to-day coordination, provides clear direction and sets high expectations to effectively evaluate professional and support staff.
- Coordinates the development and implementation of assigned projects.
- Communicates relevant project information to the Director.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Public or Business Administration, Accounting, or Finance plus four years of relevant professional experience. (COPY OF TRANSCRIPTS REQUIRED AT TIME OF APPLICATION)
- Experience in governmental accounting.
- Fiscal experience with federal and state grant programs.
- Experience working with large systems of data.
- Experience in interpreting and applying state and federal laws, rules and regulations.
- Experience in using advanced functionality of Excel.
- Ability to develop and maintain cooperative relationships with internal and external client groups.
- Ability to develop, interpret and communicate policies and procedures.
- Ability to identify problems and apply problem solving techniques to multiple and complex issues.
- Good oral and written communication skills.
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA).
- Prior supervisory experience.
- Basic knowledge of databases and design.