|Educator Preparation (Principal Consultant #1472)|
|Lane 4 – Minimum Salary $3,946|
|Monday – Friday 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.|
|Open Until Filled|
Reporting to the Director, is responsible for providing excellent customer service to institutions of higher education and other stakeholders pertaining to educator preparation program development, evaluation and improvement of preparation programs, and entitlement and licensure requirements. Performs a variety of functions related to educator preparation and continuous improvement.
- Provides exemplary service and technical assistance to external stakeholders (educators, educator preparation providers, regional and district representatives) via written, telephone, electronic, and personal communication.
- Professionally and effectively assists institutions of higher education with the recognition, initial preparation, annual program reporting, and reauthorization of educator preparation programs including audits, data collection and accreditation (CAEP).
- Leads and serves as a team member for various division projects and work groups (including site accreditation visits) throughout the state, virtually and in person, and provides quality project management with clear deliverables and actionable timelines as directed by Director.
- Develops, organizes, and presents trainings, documents, and webpages.
- Analyzes application for licenses, endorsements, and approvals based upon evidence submitted.
- Authorizes issuance or notifies applicant of specific deficiencies.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree plus two years of relevant professional experience. (COPY OF TRANSCRIPTS REQUIRED AT TIME OF APPLICATION)
- Two years of experience (in addition to education requirements) working in PreK-12 or higher education.
- Knowledge of the culture and operation of higher education institutions.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Aptitude to learn new processes and procedures quickly.
- Exemplar customer service skills.
- Excellent collaboration skills.
- Ability to use computer.
- Degree in Education.
- Master’s Degree.